PROJECT ESTIMATOR: SITE, GRADING, & UTILITIES
Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information. Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win earthwork construction projects, such as excavation, demolition, grading, fill and backfill, and other site work. Estimators must aggressively follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Estimators also work with the Project Management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets to close the business.
1. Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
2. Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
3. Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
4. Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, identifying qualified subcontractors, and negotiating price.
5. Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
6. Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
7. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
8. Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
9. Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must be able to:
Accurately and competitively estimate for Site, Grading, & Utilities projects
Maintain vendor relationships
Perform skillful reporting
Make solid decisions
Work with and for a team
Focus on quality
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must know Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Project
Must be self-motivated and punctual
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed with outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer direct deposit, healthcare, dental insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation after eligibility periods, and short- and long-term disability.